Landscaping – Where Do You Start?Did you know that a well thought-out front yard landscape is worth more in terms of value of your house than a kitchen or bathroom remodeling? That's why it is important that you are equipped with the right knowledge on gardening and landscaping.
There are many garden landscaping ideas, features and design available to inspire you to begin with an eye-catching landscape project. Let us talk about some of them and see which one would work for you. Don't get overwhelmed about where to start. We're here to guide you!
- Maryland Farming Success Course Available September 28, 2022Maryland Farming Success Course Available lwormuth Wed, 09/28/2022 - 16:53 Starting a Farm Business Structure Business Planning The University of Maryland (UMD) is partnering with the Maryland Department of Agriculture (MDA) and USDA to create a four-module online training course, Maryland Farming Success. This course will allow traditionally underserved and socially disadvantaged audiences to logically […]
- Governor Hogan’s Walktober Returns to Maryland September 28, 2022Governor Hogan’s Walktober Returns to Maryland lwormuth Wed, 09/28/2022 - 12:13 Learn more about Walktober from the Maryland Department of Transportation. Read More about Self-care Physical Activity Mindfulness The University of Maryland Extension is partnering with the Maryland Department of Transportation to sponsor the annual Walk Maryland Day, as well as Walktober, a full month […]
- Dr. Jonathan Moyle Receives Honors From the Poultry Science Association for Extension Programming September 27, 2022Dr. Jonathan Moyle Receives Honors From the Poultry Science Association for Extension Programming lwormuth Tue, 09/27/2022 - 14:18 Commercial Poultry Small Flock Biosecurity Throughout the trials of the past five years; the pandemic, supply chain issues, and an outbreak of avian influenza, poultry farmers have been able to count on Dr. Jonathan Moyle, University of […]
- University of Maryland Extension (UME) Farm Stress Management Workshop for Agriculture Service Providers September 27, 2022University of Maryland Extension (UME) Farm Stress Management Workshop for Agriculture Service Providers lwormuth Mon, 09/26/2022 - 20:22 Stress Rural Communities Farm Stress The University of Maryland Extension (UME) Farm Stress Management Workshop for Agriculture Service Providers is designed to equip Agriculture Service providers with the skills and knowledge to support farms and farm families […]
- Public Boil Water Advisory September 7, 2022Public Boil Water Advisory lwormuth Wed, 09/07/2022 - 09:46 Foodborne Illness and Food Poisoning Farm Food Safety Drinking Water Bacteria The Baltimore City Department of Public Works has issued a Required Boil Water Advisory for parts of Baltimore City, and a Precautionary Boil Water Advisory for a larger portion of the city and part of […]
- The Maryland Food Ventures Workshop for Home Cooks and On-Farm Processors Goes Virtual August 23, 2022The Maryland Food Ventures Workshop for Home Cooks and On-Farm Processors Goes Virtual lwormuth Tue, 08/23/2022 - 16:24 Canning Regulations Farm Food Safety Processing and Manufacturing If you’ve considered turning your farm’s tomatoes or fruit into a canned product, or turning your grandmother’s favorite bread recipe into a small business idea, University of Maryland Extension […]
- Momentum Magazine Summer 2022 August 18, 2022Momentum Magazine Summer 2022 lwormuth Thu, 08/18/2022 - 12:08 Wheat Health Care STEM Sustainable Environment The latest issue of Momentum, the University of Maryland College of Agriculture and Natural Resources' alumni magazine, is now available! Read our feature stories on food security and preventing the next pandemic, as well as our student highlights, alumni stories, […]
- University of Maryland Extension Internship Experience Builds Professional Development and Community Connections August 10, 2022University of Maryland Extension Internship Experience Builds Professional Development and Community Connections lwormuth Wed, 08/10/2022 - 11:58 Professional Development Communications Team Building From the first steps in implementing a research project to educating the public through workshops and field days, the first cohort of University of Maryland Extension (UME) interns completed the Workforce Development & […]
- Identifying Common Household Insect Pests March 19, 2021Identifying Common Household Insect Pests christa Fri, 03/19/2021 - 08:29 Identify and Manage Indoor Insects Key points to help in identifying household insects Proper identification is the first step prior to managing any pest. Submit photos and questions to Ask Extension if you need assistance. In most circumstances, an infestation can be brought under control […]
- Sustainable Gardening: Solutions to Climate Change January 31, 2021Sustainable Gardening: Solutions to Climate Change gngwe Sat, 01/30/2021 - 20:38 Stories & Solutions Climate Videos Related information Climate Change Basics and EvidenceThe Effects of Climate Change in Maryland Additional resources Landscaping for Resilience in a Changing Climate | University of Maryland Online Course The Climate Conscious Gardener | Brooklyn Botanic Garden Gardening with Climate-Smart Native […]
- Maryland Farming Success Course Available September 28, 2022