Landscaping – Where Do You Start?Did you know that a well thought-out front yard landscape is worth more in terms of value of your house than a kitchen or bathroom remodeling? That's why it is important that you are equipped with the right knowledge on gardening and landscaping.
There are many garden landscaping ideas, features and design available to inspire you to begin with an eye-catching landscape project. Let us talk about some of them and see which one would work for you. Don't get overwhelmed about where to start. We're here to guide you!
- 4-H Livestock Exhibitor Information Night January 17, 2020Thursday, Apr. 16, 2020 - 7:00pmHarford County Agricultural CenterPlease join us for our first Livestock Exhibitor Information Night! This is for all livestock exhibitors, new and returning, from any 4-H club or FFA chapter. Discussion to include: Quality Assurance training Proper feeding techniques Health papers Showmanship techniques Deadlines for ownership...
- 4-H Public Speaking Workshop January 17, 2020Thursday, Feb. 20, 2020 - 7:00pmHarford County Agricultural CenterLooking to improve or try public speaking for the first time? Join us for a hands-on learning experience with tricks and tips to polish your public speaking skills. This is a valuable opportunity for all 4-H'ers, not only for the upcoming contest on March 27, but also […]
- 4-H Meal Appeal Contest January 17, 2020Sunday, May. 3, 2020 - 1:00pmRocks 4-H Camp4-H clubs are encouraged to plan a properly balanced menu based on the MyPlate Guidelines and prepare one dish from the menu for the judges that day. Club members will demonstrate how to prepare the dish as a team. Club members must also include a table setting and […]
- MDA "2019 Annual Implementation Report" Overview and Q&A January 17, 2020Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020 - 2:00pm to 3:30pmWebinar (From the comfort of your home or office)Do you still need to fill out your Annual Implementation Report (AIR)? Have questions about a particular section or some of the changes in the 2019 AIR form? Join us as Bryan Harris of MDA explains the details of the […]
- Lunch & Learns: Insurance Advice to Keep Your Farm Running January 16, 2020Thursday, Feb. 6, 2020 - 11:30am to 1:30pmAvery Hall Insurance Offices
- Lunch & Learns: Insurance Advice to Keep Your Farm Running January 16, 2020Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2020 - 11:30am to 1:30pmHarrington Holiday Inn Express Meeting Room
- St. Mary’s County Environmental Stewardship Event January 15, 2020Sunday, Jun. 7, 2020 - 10:00am to 1:00pmSt. Mary's County FairgroundsThe University of Maryland Extension Program, St. Mary’s County Government Department of Public Works and Commission on the Environment are offering rain barrel and composting workshops to residents. The rain barrel session will focus on the practical uses for rain barrels and how they reduce […]
- The Watering Can - January 2020 January 15, 2020The Watering Can - January 2020Download issue
- On-Farm Field Day for Commerical Poultry Growers January 14, 2020Wednesday, Mar. 4, 2020 - 9:30am to 2:30pmDelmar FarmOn-Farm Field Day When: Wednesday, March 4, 2020 Time: 9:30am to 2:30pm Where: Yahya Farm Address: 38067 Robin Hood Rd., Delmar, DE 19940 Event Type: Field Day (free event) The University of Maryland Extension, University of Delaware Cooperative Extension, the University of Maryland Eastern Shore,...
- 23rd Annual Conservation & Sportsmen's Banquet January 14, 2020Saturday, Mar. 7, 2020 - 5:30pm to 9:00pmUrbana Volunteer Fire DepartmentThis year's annual banquet will be held at the Urbana Fire Department hall in Urbana, MD. No more than 150 tickets will be sold; the event sold out two weeks before the date last year, so don't wait. Early Bird Raffle Ticket Packages are available, […]
- 4-H Livestock Exhibitor Information Night January 17, 2020